Wednesday, September 7

Campus Events

Before entering uni, my friends who had already survived their first year would encourage me to attend as many campus events as possible while prioritising.  I didn't really understand the value of this advice until this week, when I realised how many interesting events there are every single day; I've only been in school for one and a half weeks and have already had the chance to attend a labour day speech by Senator Bernie Sanders, meet Burlington mayoral candidate Jason Lorber, enjoy a presentation by photographer Jonah Kessel (who has worked for the NY Times, Women's Wear Daily, China Daily, etc.) and see Paul Loeb speak at the McCarthy Arts Center on campus. I'll be writing individual posts on these exciting events and covering all the G.O.T SKILLS events this semester so stay tuned! For now, here's a quick peek at some upcoming events on and around campus:




No comments:

Post a Comment