Wednesday, March 7

Summer Preview: Healthcare Policy in Copenhagen


This summer I'll be taking a course in 'Health Delivery and Prioritization in Northern Europe' in Copenhagen through the Danish Institute for Study Abroad. A fellow journalism major and blogger, Lisa, will also be studying there next year.
My course lasts a month and is taught by two Danish researchers, Jakob Hansen and Morten Eierstad. During this time, I'll also be participating in the Visiting Family Program - which pairs me with a Danish family for cultural immersion - while living in a Kollegium, a student residence that typical Danish university students are independently housed in. During a weekend, I'll also be able to explore Denmark by going on a biking trip in Bornholm arranged by DIS.

Take a look at this tongue-in-cheek guide to Danish society - I was reading it on the DIS site in preparation for my summer travels and found out that Danes are paid by the government to attend university - clearly a very different approach from the American way.
Bike trails in Bornholm. Photo credit: DIS website

3 comments:

  1. Tell me how that bike riding trip is! I might sign up for it while I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of you semester students though - you guys have way more field trip opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great picture by the way. I also had fun reading your blog.

    study abroad scholarships

    ReplyDelete