Thursday, November 10

Week of Unplugging








On Tuesday morning, I turned in my iPhone and disabled my Facebook and e-mail accounts for the Week of Unplugging at Saint Michael's College. Today, students in the introductory Media Studies course - MJD101 Media Revolutions - will be giving up their cell phones until next Thursday. Students in Kimberly Sultze's first-year seminar, Living Digital, were also given the opportunity to participate by giving up the entire digital trifecta (cell phone, Facebook, e-mail) until next Tuesday for extra-credit. 

So far, it's been a bit of an adventure for me; I've had to find alternative methods of communicating with my friends, go out and buy a watch and an alarm clock, then figure out how to actually use the alarm clock. Let's hope I'll last the week ;) You can read reactions from last year's Week of Unplugging in this Defender article

No comments:

Post a Comment