Friday, January 6

Barcelona & the Cabalgata de los Reyes

For the second half of my winter break, I'm in Barcelona learning Spanish at the Don Quijote language school. It's been interesting so far; the students in my classes come from different countries so along with Spanish, I've also been learning about German and Brazilian culture. I'm living in a student residence on Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes in centre city and my classes at the language school are from 8h - 15h on weekdays. Scroll down to see some photos of my week...

EasyJet flight from Geneva to Barcelona
Bird's eye view of Switzerland
Five minutes from my student residence is the Plaza Catalunya
My room in the student residence - the building is huge and resembles a hotel! 

Yesterday evening I went to see the Cabalgata del Reyes with some classmates. It's a parade on the eve of the 'Dia de los Reyes' (the Day of the Kings) which is today. The parade is mostly for families and children, but it was interesting to see what type of innovative floats the city of Barcelona came up with to entertain kids.
I passed the Arco de Triunfo on the way to the parade
The city supplied parade-goers with ladders for children 
After the parade, we stopped at a bar called 'Obama' on Gran Via for a late dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment