Tuesday, January 17

In the Streets of Barcelona - Photos

Here are some more photos from my time in Barcelona this winter. A caption below each photo explains everything - enjoy! 

Apparently all the infants of Barcelona get their picture taken with this elephant, while crying, for their Spanish identity card.

"The Fountain of Water" - the Spanish are very inventive at naming their monuments ;)
This fountain changes colours every few minutes - I passed it everyday on the way back to my residence! It marks the intersection between four major streets, including Gran Via and Paseig de Gracia (which is where most of the big shops and chic restaurants are). 

I visited the Catalan parliament in the Parc de la Ciutadella with some students in my Spanish class - this is the ceiling of the 'stairs of honour', where foreign delegates and Spanish politicians are welcomed. 

Where all the important Catalan political debates happen!

Almost every café in Spain has this obnoxious gambling machine that you must hope nobody plays because the noise is unbearable! This café is a few minutes away from La Sagrada Familia. 
Check out Barcelona's politically correct stop lights 

3 comments:

  1. I love Barcelona! That last picture just shows what a bike-friendly city it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friends and I have been arguing about whether it's a bike or a man in a wheelchair! I suppose a bike would be more logical, but until now I thought it was a wheelchair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that picture of the ceiling. great camera aswell! which camera do you have?

    ReplyDelete